Sunday, March 5, 2017

Every Stitch Counts

Hi all! Can't believe it is March already!

I know I just showed Luna last week, but today I managed to finish page 9, so I had to share. :)
I am so looking forward to starting page 10. (double digits!) There is a real motivation to keep stitching, no matter how slow my progress, because the last column on page 10 contains a few tantalizing blocks of her hair! I don't plan on getting there until June, but I love seeing how close I am every time I stitch. :)

For my morning stitching last week, I worked on Red Riding Hood by Prairie Schooler:
This is one I plan to finish this year, but it will probably take me another couple weeks to get there. I've really been enjoying this one though. It's simple and quick, and I love the sort of spiral to the design.

And of course, I was bad and started something completely unexpected. But I am really glad I did. Things are still kind of rough at home (too much family drama) and I didn't get any evening stitching done for an entire week prior to starting this. So, it was kind of a special treat to lift my spirits. And I think it worked! I stitched on this for 9 days straight, though during the week it's usually less than an hour a night. Still, the stitches are adding up, and I've loved every stitch. This is Hoity Toity, where I left it on Saturday night:
There is so much more I want to stitch on this before I put it down, I'm actually debating giving this another week. My stitching rotation has kind of fallen apart this year, but I figure as long as I'm still stitching something, I'm happy. I don't want to abandon my other projects though, so we'll just have to wait and see which I choose. :)

Think that's all I have this week. Crazy as things have been, I'm still working on getting everything ready for my next Golden Kite project. I've just gotten my necessary floss bobbinated, so next I'll be cutting lengths and organizing colors. And I do hope to post pics of my process, so hopefully I can give you ideas about starting your own blended thread project. :)

Until next time! Happy stitching!

5 comments:

  1. It looks like you are getting lots of stitching done (so sorry to hear that there is so much family drama - that is no fun!). Little Red Riding Hood is looking great and I love your new start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on a page finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats...it always stirs me on knowing that there is a surprise on the next page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on finishing another page, getting into the double digits is always exciting =) I am looking forward to see Luna herself stitched, I just found the QS version of her and thought thyt I could maybe start her soon, so I might actually join you for a while :D Considering your speed and mine, we would probably be done in the same time :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the page finish and great work on Little Red. I love the way her and the wolf are chasing each other around the border.

    ReplyDelete