Tuesday, May 30, 2017

May WIPocalypse

Hi all! It's been quite a while since I've posted, but hopefully that will get better. At work, we had a total of 5 weeks of mandatory overtime, which I think is a record. Things have eased up for the moment, but things may get hectic again next month when I switch departments.

So, stitching! My stitching time has been very limited, but I did get some good progress in on Luna. I was hoping to have a page finish by the end of this month, but I don't think that will happen. I did get very close though:
See those darker colors on the right? Yes, that's her hair! So excited to finally get to the lady herself. I hope to get through the next page as quickly as possible, but there's a ton of confetti coming up, so we'll see how fast I can go. :)

I've also managed a bit of progress on my Stitchrovia SAL, though I'm still woefully behind. However, I did manage to finish that huge banner at the top, and I've just completed the first quote:
It would be nice if I could finish at least one quote a month from now on, but that might be a bit much. I will keep this in my monthly rotation though, and hope for a finish within a year.

This month's question is: Which designer’s projects do you absolutely love, but are too intimidated to try?
I think the last time this question was asked (or something similar) I mentioned Chatelaine. I've finally started mine this year, but I've only done cross stitch so far. I have some Jessica stitches coming up, and they are very intimidating, I confess. But something else I find intimidating is hardanger. I've always wanted to try it, but it just looks so... exacting. There are a few patterns by Victoria Sampler which I find beautiful, but I don't think I could do all that stitching and then mess up on cutting the fabric (and I know I would). But perhaps one day I'll give hardanger a try, just because. :)

7 comments:

  1. Your stitching on Luna is absolutely gorgeous! I'm in awe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathy! My progress is slow, but I'm loving every stitch! :)

      Delete
  2. That is a lot of mandatory overtime in a row! Is it like this every year or was this a surprise? So exciting to be starting Luna's hair! It will look so great with the blues of the background. Soon you will be doing another face!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bekah! :) Overtime always hits around this time of year, but I didn't expect so much of it, so that was a surprise. Usually it's only 1 or 2 weeks, and some years we don't have any that's mandatory, just voluntary. But I've managed to keep stitching every day, so I guess I'm used to it. :) Hopefully next month, Luna will be showing some skin!

      Delete
  3. Wonderful stitching =) I am so excited to see Luna herself appear, I am sure you will fly through the rest of the page =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting to reach her hair! That's great progress.
    I've dones some hardanger and it is quite daunting cutting the threads! Especially after you've done all the other stitching. You could try on a smaller ornament first.

    ReplyDelete