Sunday, June 10, 2018

Quote #4

It's been a weird, busy week, but also kind of productive. I pulled out my Quotes to Live By and managed to finish off quote #4:
This one was a really quick stitch (especially since I didn't do the background fill in) and I'm really excited now that it's done. I've got just one quote left! Then a bit of fancy scroll work in the border, and it's done! I'm putting this away for now, but I'll put it back into my rotation in a few weeks. Maybe I could finish it this month? Well, next month for sure. :)

In the evenings, I pulled out Pavonia for this month's 1200 stitches challenge in Full Coverage Fanatics, and I managed a page finish:
It's not a huge amount of progress, but I'm glad to see another page done. I'm glad to use the challenge as a reason to rotate through all my huge wips, but I've put Pavo away for now as I'm really anxious to get back to Luna.

And here's a look at my Temperature charts this week:
I'm closing in on another round on the ornament chart, and I think it's really interesting how the colors on this round are so different for the previous rounds. Anyway, the forecast calls for red and orange for the foreseeable future, so it's kind of boring to stitch. I think if I do this again, I might make my temperature ranges smaller, maybe three degrees per color instead of five. Just a thought.

In other news, I'm planning a new start (again) this Tuesday, because again I like the date: 6-12-18. And thanks to some birthday kindness, I'll be starting this beauty:
Yes, I'm jumping on the bandwagon for Eliza Bell Cox from Hands Across the Sea Samplers. I first saw this a few months ago on Instagram where someone stitched the central rose up top, and I kind of fell in love with the floral border. Apparently there's a SAL for this piece that started June 1st, so I've been teased with images of this all month. It'll be my first time stitching on 46ct linen, so wish me luck! Until next time! :)

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with your first go using 46ct. I have never stitched on this count so I am really interested to hear how you find it. It's a gorgeous sampler. I love the Quotes to live by. My friend and I have decided to do a SAL of this chart together and I only just bought the pattern tonight. So it was great to see your wip. I can't wait to start it. Great to have another page finish under your belt too. Pavonia is beautiful
    xo Alicia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alicia! And good luck on starting the Quotes to Live By chart! It is a lot of work, but a very satisfying stitch. :)

      Delete
  2. I always love to see your work on Pavonia, she is such a beauty =) The Eliza Bell Cox design looks amazing, too =)

    ReplyDelete