Monday, April 20, 2020

April Update

Hello and welcome! Hope you all are doing well. :)

My stitching has been kind of erratic these last couple weeks as I'm still trying to adjust to all this free time. I've been sort of keeping to my planned rotation, but taking lots of liberties as well, which basically means I'm picking up a project for 3 or 4 days and moving on. I've hit some good milestones here and there, but I won't bore you with everything. So here's the highlights!

First, I finished another block of Sheep Virtues, from Little House:
I skipped over and did block #6, since I thought it would be easier to count the border based on the way I like to stitch. This was a pretty easy block, so I also got a chunk of block #5 worked in.

I also finished up this month's block on the Wonders of Space SAL:
That is the Crab Nebula. I don't think this block quite does the real thing justice, but it's pretty good for a mini cross stitch. I'm still having a lot of fun with this sal (hence the quick finish) but waiting for the next release is really difficult. But I wonder if I had the whole thing, would I finish it quicker or let it languish like the others? ;)

It's been about a year since I worked on Ginger Nova, which is a shame because I love this chart. I was hoping to focus on her for a few weeks this year, so I pulled her out and did about 1200 stitches:
I don't know why I've let her become so neglected. It doesn't look like much now, but I've started on the halo that rings her head (all that dark purple at the bottom). On the other side of that, there's a color change to lots of oranges, so the rest of the page should be quite fun.

I think that's all for now. I may be going back to work next Monday so I'm trying to enjoy my last week of "vacation." Hope you all are getting some good stitchy time. Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. I just love the Sheep Virtues, they are so cute =) Great to see Ginger again, she is so stunning =)

    ReplyDelete