Sunday, August 30, 2020

August Wrap Up

 Well hello there! As promised, I'm back with a quick update on some non full coverage wips. I've hit a couple milestones this month, so check them out! :)

First up is Elizabeth Oliver. I have finally finished that house!


It was actually pretty quick to finish up, unlike that lawn which took for-ev-er! I guess I really like stitching houses, cuz I really just couldn't put this down til that was done. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. I wish all the windows weren't black, but I don't think yellow would be very appealing either. I had a fleeting thought to put some detail in the attic window, maybe some backstitch lines to make it look like segmented glass, but I just left it plain. I do like how the color of the house turned out though. It's a blend of DMC 782 and 833, which gives it a nice textured look.

Next, I've finished up Courage on my Sheep Virtues, so now this project is half way done:

This was a really cute block, and another quick finish. I had to change the purple though. It called for DMC 3041, which is more like a deep mauve-y purple. But the cover picture was a nice light violet, and I really liked that look. So I subbed in DMC 209, which is a little more saturated than I would like, but it's almost exactly like the picture, so I'm happy with it. Not sure if this will be out again this year since I've met my goal, but you never know. 

I've been trying out a new rotation this month which I've really been enjoying. I might discuss it in a future post, but I'm not sure if anyone would be interested? We'll see. But first, I'm still trying to work on my new year's resolution to work on all my wips. Thanks to all the shenanigans of this year, I still have about 34 to go. Yikes. Some drastic measures may need to be taken.

Well, I think that's all for now. Told ya this would be quick. Hope you all are doing well. I want to hope that things will get better soon. So until next time, happy stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment