Sunday, September 27, 2015

Trouble following my blog?

I know this has been an issue for a while, and I'm sorry it's taken me so long to post about it, but I honestly have no idea how to technology, so I was kinda stumped. But after a bit of head scratching and finger tapping, I found this entry on the blogger help forum addressing the same issue I have:

The old GFC followers gadget is not really recommended for use at this time. It is not stable and very unmanageble. Right now it only really remains on blogs/accounts for those that had it before it was discontinued for all products but Blogger. The follower's gadget you are currently using is the G+ Followers gadget and it only works if you  have chosen to use G+ with your Blogger account. If you aren't comfortable doing that ( many of us aren't), then you might want to look into third party followers widgets to add to you blog. Just be careful when adding third party content to your blog as there is no guarantee it will work with the Blogger platform indefinitely or that it isn't malicious. Only add things from trusted sites. Regardless of what type of followers gadget you decide to use, your followers will have to sign up with that system in order to be followers...which normally requires creating an account of some sort.

If you don't want to sign up for G+ (I have, but often wish I hadn't) there might be a sort of work-around to get awesome ImpStitcher updates without using GFC. I think if you add me to your "Reading List" on your blogger dashboard, you'll be given the option to follow me. It should be the same end result, just a bit more hassle-y process. (Yes, I just made up the word hassle-y.)

If anyone tries this, please let me know if it works or not. Also any other feedback or suggestions you might have are greatly appreciated!

Thanks for reading. Keep stitching!

2 comments:

  1. When I signed up I didn't even realize it was an option to sign up without G+ and now I'm stuck with it. I followed you recently with GFC and it worked fine for me :) If you are using blogger and have trouble following blogs, I usually press the "add" button below reading list and paste in the URL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I signed up with G+ but didn't like it so I switched back. I usually just add people to my reading list

    ReplyDelete