Sunday, January 14, 2018

Making Progress

Well, January seems to be speeding along already, and my needle is trying to keep up. Not a whole lot to show this week, but I did make some decent progress on Morning Glory:
I feel like the dress is really starting to take shape, though there's still quite a bit of stitching left just in the skirt. I've started into one of the buds she's holding, and would like to finish those before the end of the week, but we'll see. I'm starting to get that feeling like I'm not making enough progress on her, and she'll only be halfway done at the end of the month. (Those wings look particularly daunting at the moment.) But I shall persevere! One more week, then I'll be switching to Luna for a full week for my facebook challenge.

I've also kept up with my Temperature SAL for Stitch Maynia:
We started to warm up there for a moment, then came the cold and the ice and the snow. Thursday morning at 3am (when I get up) it was 52°F. At 3pm, it was 8°F. Typical KC weather. But it makes for pretty colors on my chart:

Last week I mentioned a cool little ornament that Katy A. was doing for the Temp SAL. Well, it's cuteness got the better of me, and I started stitching that one as well. I just think it's something different, and it's a neat design:
I'm stitching mine 1 over 1 on 25ct White Jobelan, so it will be 4.2 inches square. If you'd like to stitch this as well, even as just a cute side project with your own colors, the chart is free from Hetti on her blog, Creative Workshops from Hetti. For the SAL, we're just stitching one block per day, so it's easy and colorful. :)

That's really all for this update. I've been working on my Quotes SAL a bit, but I think I will put a couple more days into that before I share my meager progress. I'm also prepping for my first in the Year of Starts, which involves some yummy silks and specialty stitches. :) So, see you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment