Sunday, January 21, 2018

The Year of Starts Begins

Hi all! Well I've worked on a few projects this last week and I think I've made some decent progress, so here goes. :)

First up is the Stitchrovia Quotes SAL, which I'm still stitching at a snail's pace. Last week I started quote #7 and got in 6 days of stitching:
Most of the stitching is done, but there's a lot of backstitch left to do, and I'm also doing the border as I go. So next rotation, I should get this one done. Then just three left! It does seem as I stitch these quotes that they are appropriate to how I'm feeling at the time. This one seems to be affirming that 2018 will be much better than 2017, and that makes me happy. :)

Next is Morning Glory, which is up to 12 days of stitching:
I like how she's coming along, but I'm definitely not going to get her done this month, which is a shame. Still, I am enjoying her very much. I'm trying to get the dress done before I move up into the wings, but they are very tempting.

I've also been keeping up with the Temperature SAL for Stitch Maynia, both my boring chart and the ornament. The weather is always a little haywire in Kansas City, so I'm getting a good range of colors to stitch. Our warmest day so far was 57°, the coldest was 8°:

And of course, I officially began the Year of Starts on the 18th. Last time I hinted at silks and specialty stitches, and although that suddenly made me think of a Chatelaine (did any of you think that as well?) I was actually referring to a chart by The Drawn Thread, called Stars:
I super love this design. I used to study astronomy, so I love all the stars, and the verse as well. The words are actually the last lines of a poem by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, called Morituri Salutamus. I haven't read the entire poem, but the last few stanzas essentially say that it's never too late to be creative or do great work in life, no matter how old you are. The blue silk is Silk n Colors (one of my favorites silks) in Stormy Skies. The others are Dinky Dyes, and it calls for NPI silks, but I'm subbing those out for what's in my stash. Here is a close up of those little star stitches:
There are 4 different sizes for the stars, so I'm looking forward to the bigger ones. I don't know if these quite look entirely star shaped, but I'm happy with them. I really want to get to those flowers as well (Octagonal Leviathans) but I want to finish the vine first.

So, I guess that's it for this week. Next week I hope to work more on Luna (I'm almost done with her face!) and squeeze in some Morning Glory if I can. Hope everyone has a productive stitchy week!

No comments:

Post a Comment