Sunday, September 16, 2018

Nantucket Girl

Oh my gosh you guys! I was so busy last weekend, I completely forgot to post! Not that what I post here is earth shattering information or anything; it's just been a while since I've been so busy.

So what did I work on? One of my dozens of wips crying out for attention? Nah! New Start! :)

Seriously though, I'd been looking forward to this one all year, a planned start for September 2nd. And here it is, Nantucket Girl's Sampler by Plum Street:
I absolutely love the verse on this! And those motifs are so charming. This is a fairly big chart, but I think it will stitch up relatively quickly. I've already moved the qsnaps, so here's the first and second bits of progress:
I'm stitching this on Lakeside Linens 40ct Porcelain with DMC, though it's charted for NPI silks. I so wish I could splurge on the silks for everything! (Maybe when I win the lottery...) I worked for six days on this and managed just over 2,000 stitches, though I wasn't able to complete the first part of the verse. Those letters take along time to stitch, even though they look so quick. Still, I'm happy with how it's looking so far. The only thing I might have changed would be the lightest green on the plant. The conversion calls for 3013, but I think 3053 would look a bit better (slightly darker). I just didn't feel like ripping.

It's also interesting that the model picture differs from the chart a little. For one thing, the model left out those two fish by the title (accidentally on purpose?). Second, I don't think the model stitcher put in that "V" accent in the plant holder. That might have been the chart's fault; it's pretty small print, and those symbols really blend together. I had to frog a bit of the black flowers due to a misreading of symbols, so this chart definitely calls for attention to detail.

That's all I got for this week. At the moment I'm working on Jinn (from HAED), but I'm also planning another new start on the 18th. Glutton for punishment? That would be me. Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. And another lovely new start on another lovely project =) The verses sound very nice and I think it looks just fine using DMC. I never used the NPI silks, the prices always put me off. If I remember correctly, they are solid colors and the DMC conversions are quite good, so I would pick the DMC as well ^^

    So I am still good with the no-spoiler thing. This post is from the 16th featuring a new start from the 2nd. But new start day is on the 18th. Does this mean no new start on the 18th??? I am nearly to afraid to read on! :D *drumroll*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this sampler. I agree with Jo the DMC conversion works really well. You're stitches are so beautiful and neat. Love Jinn from HAED, looking forward to your wips.
    xo Alicia

    ReplyDelete