Sunday, October 28, 2018

Jack's Bash

Just a very quick update this week to show my progress on Jack's Bash, by Plum Street. So, here it is:
I'm really enjoying how it's looking on this fabric so far. The oranges and yellow are really bright, and that mansion looks nice and spooky. I'm looking forward to stitching that alphabet (whenever that may be) as I really like the font. But of course, I'm switching projects next week, so it'll have to wait.

That's really all I have for now, but there is something I'd like to share. If you'd like to see some truly beautiful embroidery, check out the Russian artist Shimunia. She makes these awesome little landscapes with all kinds of yarn and thread, and they fit in your hand. Here's just a few:
She sells her work on Etsy, but they usually go pretty quick. (They're pricey, too.) To get the full scope of her work, you gotta check out her Instagram. It's so pretty! I really wish I was talented enough to do things like this. She doesn't use a template or anything, just starts stitching. Maybe one day I'll give this a try. :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow Angela I love how that is stitching up. I would have a hard time putting it away to switch projects, but I guess that's how we keep things spicy. Shimunia is amazing. I checked out her insta feed and wow wow wow! She seems like quite a cool character too. Alot of fun and bursting with talent. Thanks for introducing her to me. Also where did you get your needle minder from, I love it?
    xo Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jack's Bash looks great and like so much fun =) Shimunias work looks really amazing =)

    ReplyDelete