Sunday, November 25, 2018

Queen of Autumn

Well, no bonus points earned this round. I'd hoped to get a third of this chart done this rotation, but all those color changes proved too much for me. Still, I got the bird and basket done, and isn't that just the sweetest motif! I have half an inkling to stitch that as a little pin cushion pillow, even though I've never done that before. Anyway, here's my progress:
Not too shabby, though those acorns take a lot of stitching. The one I managed to finish is stitched with Apple Cider for the bottom part, but I'm not sure it's dark enough for my liking. It's even a little darker in the picture than in real life, which is still not as dark as the model. I'll wait 'til I pick it up again to decide, but I might do a bit of color swapping. We'll see. Otherwise, I'm really loving this chart.

Next week, I'll be pulling out my old Riolis kit, French Lavender. I can't believe how close we are to December! Usually I spend December stitching on whatever I want, usually picking up things I've neglected during the year. But there's so much stuff I've neglected and want to stitch on this year, I'm having trouble deciding. Lately, Pavonia has been calling to me, but I should also work on my untouched Chatelaine, plus a few other projects I need to pick up. Meanwhile, I'm busy kitting up one of my supersized HAEDs. Alas, so little time, so much stitching...

Hope you are all having fun with your end of the year plans. Christmas is only one month away! Hope you can reach all your stitchy goals by then. Until next time! :)

1 comment:

  1. Lovely progress, even if you were not able to meet your goal =) I love the fabric and I think it works really well with the design =)

    ReplyDelete