Sunday, November 18, 2018

Year of Starts #11

Guess I have a bit of catching up to do since I was too lazy to post last week, so I'll start with last week's project. I worked on Blood, which is never exciting to look at, and made a good bit of progress on page 3:
I'd hoped for a page finish, but I knew I wouldn't manage it. Just not enough time! But I'm working on my plans for next year, and I should be able to catch up. :)

This week I pulled out Frosty Forest and started a new block. This one is the third in the series (I think). Anyway, this sits in the top right corner of the block of 9:
All that snow really takes a long time to stitch! But I'm happy with my progress. I'm making this a sort of focus piece next year, so I should have this block finished relatively soon.

And of course today I had a new start for the Year of Starts. This is one I've wanted stitch for a few years now. (I feel like I say that about everything.) This is Queen of Autumn by With Thy Needle & Thread, stitched on 40ct Sand from Picture This Plus:
I am really loving this so far! There is a ton of floss for this one, so I actually started kitting it up early last year. But the color palette is nice and soft, perfect for a cozy fall day. And since Thanksgiving is this week, it seemed a perfect choice. I'm hoping to get the left third done this week, so we'll see how it goes. (Bonus points if I get to the lady!)

As I mentioned, I'm already deep into my plans for next year, and I do plan to change things up a little bit. After agonizing over which chart to start on Jan 1st, I kind of had the idea to not start anything, but instead to finish up the project I started last year on the 1st, my very much neglected haven't-touched-it-since-January Morning Glory. Sounds good, right? I really hate to break my tradition, but sometimes you gotta go with what makes sense. (Doesen't mean that will happen this time.)

I do know I won't be doing the year of starts next year. Much as I love putting stitches into new charts every month, it's time to start finishing what I've got going. 63 wips is kind of too much for me, even though they aren't all active wips. So the goal is to finish more than I start, though at the moment, I'm not planning any starts next year. Yup, you read that right. No planned starts. Of course, I have been known to be impetuous. :)

Okay, enough rambling for now. Hope you all are having a great stitchy month! Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. Queen of Autumn is a wonderful design, great start on her! I also love to see your progress on Blood, the design is stunning and the background adds a lot to the atmosphere - it may not look so exciting by now but the effect will be great.
    I totally understand you concerning the new starts, I personally never care about the amount of WIPs I have, but I care about how I feel and if I feel like I don't have the time to work on all my WIPs as much as I wanted (yes - we always want more, but I mean being sort of upset), I feel like I have to many WIPs. I am currently thinking about starting an ornament from Haed for New Year instead of a BAP, so I can sort of keep my tradition. But I also love the idea of finishing the WIP you started the previous year. Unfortunately the WIPs I started over the last years hat like 400k stitches or more, so no chance of finishing them ;-)
    And I completely forgot: I love Frosty Forest, one day I will get this and stitch it, it is so cute! I would love to see it more often, so I hope you will make it a focus piece =)

    ReplyDelete