Sunday, July 8, 2018

Christmas in July

I'm going to say something blasphemous here -- I don't really care much for Christmas stitching. I know! I'm horrible! Ornaments and Santas and Christmas trees don't do anything for me. But for some reason, I love charts featuring the 12 Days of Christmas. It's probably because it's a series, and I'm crazy about collecting things.

Anyway, I thought I'd do my minimal celebration of Christmas in July with Jim Shore's 12 Days of Christmas. I started this last July and finished the Partridge last year. This year has been all about the two Turtle Doves. Here's my progress for the week:
I'm hoping that if I continue working on this every July and for 12 days starting on Christmas (see what I did there?) I can finish one block a year and be done with this project sometime in 2029. Yes, I plan for the long haul. Of course, I may increase my rotation at some point, but I'm really in no hurry. :)

At some point, I may break down and start the Nora Corbett version of the 12 Days. Have you seen these? They are gorgeous!
The only reason I haven't started yet is I couldn't decide if I wanted to stitch these individually or all on one fabric. I was going for the all on one thing when I realized the swan is 9 stitches taller than all the others, and the piper is both taller and wider than the others. It kind of threw me off. I was contemplating just hacking a bit off of each, but I hate to do that, though the thought of 12 frames is also a bit daunting. However, I may do something a little different and stitch three sets of four. Sad that it took me over a year to have that little brainstorm, but better late than never. So, it may be a while, but this project is definitely in my future. :)

I think that's all for this time. I may keep my Temperature charts to just once a month, especially since the summer colors are so boring. So, happy stitching everyone. Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. Oh your doves look lovely =) I admire everyone who can work on Christmas designs in summer, I just want to stitch nice summer designs these days :D (Actually, I am so weird that I am currently stuck with a book series I really love because there is a Christmas novel ahead of me and I seriously don't know how to read that in summer, but then I also can't skip it!)
    The twelve days of Christmas by Nora Corbett look amazing and I would love to see you working on them =) I think I should investigate them as well, but I completely understand about the different sizes, I always hate it when things from a series don't match =/

    ReplyDelete