Sunday, July 29, 2018

July Wrap Up

Hey peeps! Well, July is almost over, so I guess I'll show off what I've been working on.

First, a quick update on last week's new start, 7 Virtues by La D Da. I worked on this for a few more days and managed some decent progress:
I managed 1855 stitches in 7 days, so I guess it's stitching up pretty quickly. I still find it very relaxing as well. Something about those big block letters. :)

My full coverage focus this month was Kabuki, which is now my oldest wip (I think). I didn't work on her at all last year because I was too stressed, and I left off in a very confetti heavy area. But I was determined to get my 1200 stitches in, so I picked her up for 7 days this month:
I am super pleased with my progress on her! 1255 stitches isn't a lot in the scheme of things, but I was happy to get one eye finished and some progress on her other eye. So the top half of her face is looking pretty good, and I knocked out about half of the worst confetti. There's still the shadow of her cheek to contend with, and her other eye has about 30 colors left, but the two main colors of her skin can balance out all that craziness. :)

And of course, I can't forget my lovely Luna:
I stitched two more columns this month, so that's a quarter of page 13 done. I think I got the final wispy strands of her hair stitched for this row, so now I get to focus on the moon. It fills in most of this page, but I'm already getting close to the back curve of it.

I think that's all I have for now. Next month I'll be pulling out Ginger Nova for my focus. I think 1200 stitches is all I need for a page finish, and she really needs some attention. Again, it's Full Coverage Fanatics on Facebook if you want to join the monthly challenge (they have others also). I'm finding it a really good motivator to get my stitches in. :)

Until next time. Happy stitching!

1 comment:

  1. I think Kabukis face looks awesome, you surely managed to get a lot done there =) As always, I am pleased to see Luna, I can't get enough of her =) And I am looking forward to see Ginger Nova again, such a lovely design! =)

    ReplyDelete