Sunday, July 22, 2018

Year of Starts #7

Hi all! Back again with a quick update. I didn't post last week 'cuz I really didn't have much to show. It was a weird in-between week for my projects, but I was stitching! :)

I pulled out an older project from The Drawn Thread, called Sampler Game Board, and worked on it for six days. I don't know when I last showed it here, but here is my progress:
I really love this piece, but progress does not show on it very quickly, probably because those houses are solid blocks of 400 stitches. But I finished the red house plus two motifs, and got a good start on three more houses. I didn't make room for this again in my official rotation, but I might squeeze in a few more days on this to try and finish out this top portion before the end of the year. We'll see.

Of course, on the 18th I had a new start, though I switched up my plans a bit. I was going to start My Stash by Waxing Moon, but instead I went with 7 Virtues by La D Da, stitched on 32ct Fresco by Picture This Plus:
I had planned to start this one earlier this year, but started another project instead. I guess I couldn't overlook it any longer. This is only 3 days progress so far, but I'll keep working on it next week. This one is very relaxing to stitch on since it only has 4 colors, so it's perfect to do while listening to my audiobooks. :)

I did make a change to the red in this chart. I'm stitching with DMC, and the called for color was 3857, which is a very nice brown. I didn't want a very nice brown, I wanted red like the photo shows, which is part of the charm of this piece for me. So I changed it to 815, which is a little brighter than the image in my head, but very close. I also considered 814, but at a distance, it also looked brown. It's times like these I wish I could afford all those special hand dyed thread clubs and have my own stash of awesome one-of-a-kind threads, but I have a bad habit of spending all my money on charts instead. But I do have a DMC thread chart, and I know how to use it. :)

Well, that's all I got for now. It feels weird not showing my Temperature Charts, but at least I'm keeping up with them. Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. And another wonderful new start, good work on it =) I was a bit confused because there was no picture of your temperature SALs, I got sort of used to them :D

    ReplyDelete