Sunday, March 1, 2015

It's a Finish!!

Managed to finish this a couple days ago actually, but I've been too busy to post. So without further ado, here is my Green Fern Fairy, all finished!
All done!
For the beads I used Sulky invisible nylon thread, which was a trial to get used to, but once I got the hang of it, I really liked it. The hardest part was actually seeing where the thread was on the fabric, and counting across the appropriate number of threads to secure the bead. Guess I'm still not entirely comfortable with evenweave, but I'll definitely use it again. The clusters by her wings were actually the toughest, as I couldn't see the holes next to all those beads. But she still looks fabulous. :)

Here is a slanted close up to showcase the beads. You can also see that subtle sparkle in her wings.
Mood lighting to show off her bling
Looking at my notes, I was surprised to see this only took me 20 days of actual stitching to finish. Guess my stitching mojo is pretty strong this year. :) Next I'll be putting Scale on the frame, trying to get another page done on that.

Until next time, happy stitching!

1 comment:

  1. she's beautiful, nylon invisible thread is great, it's strong and of course invisible lol you've done a beautiful job in such a short space of time!