Thursday, March 5, 2015

March WIPocalypse

As usual, I'm a bit late to join the party, but here is my first WIPocalypse update! I know I've got lots of wips and lots of goals, but for WIPocalypse, I'm focusing on the two I want to make the most progress on: Pavonia and Moon Indigo. These will be with me throughout the year, so a monthly update is perfect to show progress.

First up is Pavonia. I posted a page finish a few weeks ago, but have made a bit more progress since then.
Pavonia, March 4
Since I tend to track goals as stitches rather than pages sewn, here are the stats for Pavonia:
February Goal: 1,240 stitches. Actual progress: 1,464 stitches. (Yay!)
Target Total: 2,480 stitches. Actual total: 2,709 stitches. (Double yay!)
So far, my weekend rotation seems to be working for this one. I'm hoping I can keep up the pace.

Unfortunately, I'm still behind on Moon Indigo despite stitching like crazy last month, but I'm not stressing about that yet. I spent a little too much time working on Green Fern Fairy (no regrets there) but the year is young. I finished page three about a week ago, and have made the tiniest bit of progress since then.
Moon Indigo, March 1
This one has been an easy stitch so far, but page 4 will be a bit more challenging. There are actually more colors in the moon than the background sky, and it keeps getting bigger. I guess that'll make a more interesting progress pic tho.
February Goal: 2,616 stitches. Actual progress: 3,530 stitches.
Target Total: 5,886 stitches. Actual total: 4,925 stitches.
Hopefully I can close this gap by the half year mark.

And of course, this month's topic!
If money - and time - were not limiters, what projects would be on your stitching bucket list?

Well, the obvious answer to that is, my entire stash! But moving away from the obvious answer... Lately, I've been drooling over various sampler designs produced by several companies like Long Dog, Permin, Ink Circles, The Drawn Thread, etc. etc. These designs are not what I usually stitch, but not because I don't like them. I just feel like they require a lot of time and attention, and I'd rather lose myself in something big and more straightforward. And of course, money is an issue. Lots of smaller projects means lots of thread and fabric, and I would want to use linen and hand dyed silk for most of these projects, which gets pretty pricey. Hopefully I can get a few of them done in my lifetime.

Here's a few on my wish list from 123Stitch.com:


Until next time. Happy stitching!

1 comment:

  1. Great progress on both projects =)
    I love Indigo Moon, when Nenes work was retired I decided to get the corresponding Quick stitch =)
    thanks for visiting my blog and telling me about the Golden Kite sales. I only visited their page a few times (mostly scared about the prizes) and didn't know they had sales =) I will keep my eyes open! =)

    ReplyDelete