Sunday, March 22, 2015

March IHSW

Hi all! It feels like ages since I've updated, but March has been a busy (and unfortunately, not very stitchy) month so far. But now Spring is here, and I've got a new start to celebrate! It was a perfect way to spend my IHSW.

My new start is a HAED chart called Euphoria, by artist Melanie Delon, whose work I've come to admire. She seems to specialize in ethereal, fantasy portraits of ladies (my favorite subject) and I'm hoping several more of her works get charted.

I'm stitching this one on 28ct Baby Pink Cashel linen, 2 over 1, using tent stitch. Here are pics of what she'll look like finished, plus my progress so far.
Don't she look sweet?
Progress as of March 22
I've started on the bottom right, so I'll be sewing nothing but skin for a while. I was hoping for a page finish this weekend, but couldn't quite manage. But thanks to the tent stitching and a mere 3 colors on this page, I did manage about 2,150 stitches. Not bad for three days work. :)

I'll be continuing on this one through the end of the month, and possibly until I finish this page and the next. She's 96 pages total, so it'll be a while before I get to those gorgeous eyes of hers. Something to look forward to, I guess.

Wishing everyone good luck and good progress. Until next time!


1 comment: