Sunday, August 5, 2018

Hello August!

Hello again! Happy August! Still can't believe how fast this year is going. :)

Last week I pulled out an older wip with barely any progress on it (I've taken to calling these my Pitiful Projects Collection, since there are quite a few). This one is a Hannah Alexander design, one of her Art Nouveau versions of Ariel. I love Ariel. I think I was 10 when that movie came out and it really spoke to my little girl heart.

Anyway. This pattern is from an Etsy shop called CrossStitchToYou. Since I haven't shown this for a long time, here's the eventual outcome:
Pretty, isn't she? The pattern is really confetti heavy, so I feel like I barely made any progress, but it doesn't look too bad:
I managed to finish the yellow background up top and filled in the first bits of flower. I also started parking because stitching cross country was taking for-ev-er! Hopefully when I pick this up again I can stitch a bit faster.

I also made enough progress on my Elizabeth Oliver sampler to show another picture (sorry for the poor lighting):
I am still really in love with stitching this! I don't pick her up very often, but I think about this one a lot. I've only got four more honeysuckles to stitch, then I'll turn the corner into the side border. It would be nice to have this top portion done in the next two months, but we'll see. :)

And, since July is over, I'll show you my Temperature charts:
We did have one day that reached 100°F. Can you see it? It's a very dark red. I'm kind of disappointed that was our only day, and I never got to use my hot pink for 105°. But oh well. I think we're already cooling down for the end of summer, but August can be tricky. The July average temperature was 92.3, so it's backstitched in 608.

Well, that's all I got for now. Hope you are all getting some good stitching in. Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you had a happy August and a happy September and even a happy start for October! Obviously I am more than behind with following blogs, but I think better late then never ;-) I absolutely love Ariel, such a pretty design, I like that she doesn't look to childish =) It truly looks like a bunch of confetti, but the result is very pretty =)
    I am currently snuggled up in a blanket on my couch, so it's quite funny to look at the temperature SAL :D Those days where so hot!

    ReplyDelete