Sunday, August 12, 2018

Quaker Compass

Last week I worked on Quaker Compass by Rosewood Manor. I can tell my rotation is way too full, because I really should have worked on this more than once this year. But anyway. I totally forgot to take a "before" picture, so I'll just treat you to a photo of the whole piece so far:
It's over a quarter done! (Small milestones, you know.) This round, I worked along the top and finished off that motif with the dark chevrons around it, then started the one next to it. I also completed the crown (if you can see that light color) and all the smaller motifs to the right, then filled in a bit of the central compass border. Not bad for a week where I was so tired I could barely see straight. :)

That's all I got for this week. Short and sweet, huh? Next week I'll be pulling out Summer at Cherry Hill, from With Thy Needle and Thread. I'm also planning my new start for the 18th, which will be a Kathy Barrick design called Sarah Spurr. (Really looking forward to that one!)

Speaking of future plans and Kathy Barrick, there is another Hawk Run Hollow SAL starting up October 1st. I might jump in this time with the Christmas at HRH chart, which might be my favorite (though Village is a very close second). So if any of you need an excuse to start another BAP, here's your chance! :)

All right, I'm done enabling you. For now. Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, I just decided that it would be easier if I just scrolled through all your blog posts instead of making my way through my feed reader (which shows 230+ posts to read) and there is a whole page of entries I missed! I feel bad now ^^°
    Anyway, lovely work on Quaker Compass und congratulations on finishing the first quarter on this one =)

    ReplyDelete