Sunday, August 19, 2018

Summer at Cherry Hill

Hi all! Back again with meager progress to show from last week. :)

This time I worked on Summer at Cherry Hill by With Thy Needle and Thread. I fell in love with this pattern a couple years ago, so it's a shame I don't have much done on it. This was my first project on 40ct, which took some getting used to, but I think I'm starting to hit my stride with this piece. Here's a reminder of what the pattern looks like and where I left off last year:
There was a lot of stopping and starting some days, so I don't feel like I made a ton of progress, but I counted 1,111 stitches added. That was enough to finish off the top portion and move the qsnaps down a bit. Here's where I ended up:
This really is a fun project to stitch, even if progress is slow. Next time I pick this up, I'll tackle all those bees floating around.

Since Saturday was the 18th, I started something new: Sarah Spurr, by Kathy Barrick. I've had this in my stash for a while now, so I'm glad to finally have started it. I'm working on the very boring to look at border for now, which is coming along nicely:
I'm stitching this on 40ct Burch linen, which is a nice color, but apparently not dark enough for all the DMC. The conversion for the white is 712, which is a nice cream, but invisible on this fabric. I actually have some stitched in the top left corner. (Really, I do!) I had planned to use 3865 instead, but it looked so glaringly white when I picked it up I thought I'd give 712 a try. Now looks like I'll be frogging a bit. Oh well. :)

Guess that's all for now. Next week I'll keep working on Sarah, and hopefully stitch a border you can see. Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. Summer at Cherry Hill is a lovely design, I especially love the fabric you use, it's so pretty and matches the design so well =) I think you made a decent amount of progress on it and hope to see this one again in the future =) I also love your new start =) I tried to find your 712 stitches and they are truly invisible, but I am sure you wrote a secret message there :D

    ReplyDelete