Sunday, August 26, 2018

Sarah and Ginger

Last week I kept my needle occupied with Sarah Spurr and managed to finish the top portion of the border -- which took me something like 9 hours to stitch -- and also managed a good chunk of the alphabet. Those letters really stitch up quick so it was hard to stop, but I finished off a thread halfway through the W and had to call it quits:
Last week I mentioned stitching the cream color in the border with 712, but it wasn't showing up very well. I switched to 3865 and like that much better, but I decided to be lazy rebellious and leave the 712 in anyway. And I'm glad I did. It actually blends in rather well, and isn't distracting the way I thought it might be. Now I feel like I have a secret about this piece, and it just makes her all the more dear. :)

My full coverage focus project for this month has been Ginger Nova, which is one of my more neglected pieces. I remember last time I put her down, I thought the confetti was a bit too much, so that feeling of stitching as a chore kept me from picking her up again. But after stitching on her again, it really isn't that bad after all. Maybe I've just grown accustomed to confetti? Or maybe after working on Kabuki, Ginger was a breeze. In any case, I managed my 1200 stitches for the month, which finally completed page 1 (plus a small start on page 2):

I guess I'll keep it short and sweet this month. So until next time. Happy stitching!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I always love to see Ginger Nova, the artwork is amazing! I personally love to stitch this kind of background, some confetti but the colors are quite close and blend into each other, I find this very calming =)

    Since I am doing my best not to spoiler myself with your blogposts (while reading them one after another ), I had to laugh when I red about your "secret" in Sarah Spurr - but I am still convinced that there is a secret writing, maybe the formula to an eternal stitchy life?

    And yes, buy this time I don*t know if you joined the SAL for October and I am sort of curious to find out in a few minutes - lol.

    ReplyDelete